Topband

Topband: PJ2T CW Skimmer Server (Maybe) For CQWW CW Contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, topband@contesting.com, PJ2T <pj2t@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Topband: PJ2T CW Skimmer Server (Maybe) For CQWW CW Contest
From: jmaass@k8nd.com
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:09:32 -0500
Although we are having some difficulty getting the new PJ2T CW Skimmer Server
on the island of Curacao to properly operate with the network infrastructure of
our host, there is still a possibility that it will be available in time for
the CQWW CW Contest this weekend.

It is our intent to have this on-air resource running 24/7/365 once it is
fully operational.

It is intended to be available for all to use.

If it is active, you can connect to it using telnet at 'dxc.pj2t.org' port
7300. The fixed IP address is '190.2.136.46'.

It will also be feeding it's spots to the Reverse Beacon Network
(http://www.reversebeacon.net/ ).

The PJ2T CW Skimmer Server includes an SRL QS1R receiver and VE3NEA's Skimmer
Server software to spot CW signals on seven bands (160, 80, 40, 20, 15, 12, 10)
simultaneously.  The antenna is a DX Engineering DXE-ARAH-1PE horizontal active
receiving antenna up approximately 35 feet. Initial testing of the receiver
portion of the system indicate that it will be very effective on the higher
frequencies and somewhat less effective on the lowbands (160, 80).

Our "online notebook" for the system (with notes, block diagram, photos,
subsystem documentation, and more ) is at
http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/PJ2T_CW_Skimmer_Server.htm.

The PJ2T CW Skimmer Server is located at the VERONA club station PJ2A at Red
Cross headquarters in Willemstad, Curacao (FK52NC).

73,   Jeff PJ2/K8ND and Jim PJ2/W8WTS

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK