Topband

Re: Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL

To: "Joel Harrison" <w5zn@w5zn.org>
Subject: Re: Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 10:20:58 -0500 (EST)
Hi Joel,

Other than the three Magic T's, what other specific mods have you made to your
8-circles?

Adding a T50-2 toroidal inductor and a BNC connector at the 50 ohm tap makes a
quick job of adjusting resonance to exactly 1840 kHz.

Much more work is planned later this year, building switchable 8-circles for
160 and 80 meters.

Using one inch rebar for the base makes that job a snap, especially in my case
where I must completely remove the antenna from my borrowed field every year
and reinstall it in October.  The rebar can be easily removed with a sledge
hammer.

I discovered that I couldn't unzip my 16 AWG speaker wire when its cold, I was
breaking wires!   No problem at all unzipping it at room temperature.

Tks for all of your help!

73
Frank
W3LPL