Topband

Topband: Ground conductivity

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ground conductivity
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 22:16:48 -0400

Done my yearly spring maintenance of my SE single wire Beverage antenna.   With
poor soil, It typically is best  with a 350 ohm matching  transformer and a 330
to 350 ohm termination resistor.
But this year it is best with a 450 ohm matching transformer and 450 ohm
termination resistor.

A higher value typically means more conductive soil. I do not have the time, or
equipment to make accurate RF ground conductivity measurements now.

But got wondering where Maine gets the WX after it passes over most of the
lower 48 states,  With climate change and the highest carbon content in the
air.  Could rain be causing my soil to be more conductive ?.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this ?

73
Bruce-K1FZ

PS:       Delta,Pennant, Flag antenna notes    has a new address
www.qsl.net/k1fz/flag_antennas.html