Topband

Re: Topband: twisted house wiring

To: mstangelo@comcast.net, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: twisted house wiring
From: "K1FZ-Bruce " <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:40:39 -0500
 As I remember it from an electrician that married a 2nd time to my Aunt. hi.
The ground lost its connection and the coiled wrapper became hot like a "hot
plate" carrying the current.I was about 10 years old then and just wondering
how a radio worked.
73
Bruce-k1fz

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:06:26 -0500 (EST), MICHAEL ST ANGELO  wrote:

BX cable is still required in New York City. I had to use it when I lived in
Queens.

How did the metal wrapper get hot? Was current passing througgh it? The BX I
had included a ground wire; maybe the earlier BX used the wrapper as the ground.

Mike N2MS