Topband

Re: Topband: Tower failure at VE6WZ

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Tower failure at VE6WZ
From: Wes Stewart via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2024 21:47:55 +0000 (UTC)
 I have a Rohn 45 foldover tower and have limited the antenna to something very
modest so it's well within the weight limits when folding it over.  Still it
always scares the hell out of me to be next to it while manually cranking it
over.  After hearing about this, I think I'll find a motorized winch.

    On Monday, September 2, 2024 at 02:41:15 PM MST, Mike Fatchett W0MU
<w0mu@w0mu.com> wrote:

 I just installed an MA-550 and I wish I could lay the tower over from
far away.  Just feels bad to be right there.  I have a motor to crank it
up and I can stand quite a distance away.  I might make that distance
further after this report.

Mike W0MU