Topband

Re: Topband: ARRL 160m contest and DX Window?

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160m contest and DX Window?
From: Charles Otnott <wd5bjt@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 17:40:02 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Mike,

I have been very vocal with and to the ARRL about their
LACK OF INTESTINAL FORTITUDE when it comes to
"do as I say, not as I do." Many of the w1aw/x
(emphasis not added) operators have been told not to
violate the DX window, but they continue to operate
there with impunity.

The question begs: How many operators in the USA/NA
will put the proper frequency, eg: 1.832.0 in lieu
of 1.800 in their contest logs? Will you tell on yourself?

The ARRL is a money making business no matter what
their IRS 503 status may be. We have an ARRL OO
in the local area who has had that position for over
10 years. When asked how many OO reports he has
sent out. He answers "none."

The ARRL's answer to your concern will be as it was
to me "The DX window is a guideline only, not an FCC rule."

So keep paying for dues, programs, and publications and
keep smiling.

The bottom line is thus: Jump in and just operate where
you want. The FCC rules say you can.

73 & Best DX

Charlie
WD5BJT

See September 2006 CQ Magazine for a published work.
www.qsl.net/wd5bjt