Topband

Topband: More on VK6VZ/6 at Australia's first lighthouse for SPTBDC

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More on VK6VZ/6 at Australia's first lighthouse for SPTBDC
From: sire@iinet.net.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 06:07:31 +0800
G'day,

To used the Australian vernacular, it looks like I "stuffed-up" my previous
posting on the VK6VZ/6 operation in the Stew Perry Topband Distance
Challenge on 29/30 December, specifically the possible use of
split-frequency operation.

Transmission may be done between 1810 and 1815, with QSX 10 - 15KHz UP the
band, in the spirit of the old W1BB trans-Pacific QSOs.  As the operation
is LP, if transmission is used higher in the band (i.e. 1820 - 1835) QSX up
1 is likely to be used.

In line with the new SPTBDC rules, it is hoped that 6m operation can be
carried out, by Phil VK6APH, operating as VK6APH/6.  Phil is intending to
run 100W into a dipole 100m above the sea.  I am reliably informed the
lighthouse is an amazing VHF location.

This operation will take place from Australia's first lighthouse, located
at Cape Leeuwin (grid OF75), 9 km north of Augusta and around 300 km south
of Perth.

A special QSL card commemorating the operation will be available for those
who contact VK6VZ/6 or VK6APH/6 at Cape Leeuwin.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ