Topband

TopBand: CY9RF WPX CW M/M

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CY9RF WPX CW M/M
From: k8rf@fuse.net (Dan Flaig, K8RF)
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 17:29:43 +0100
CY9RF  - St. Paul Island  DXpedition - CQ WPX CW Contest

We will be using the callsign CY9RF for our upcoming DXpedition to St.
Paul Island.
We will be a Multi-Operator / Multi - Transmitter entry in the WPX CW
Contest May 30-31.
Please QSL CY9RF via K8RF

Start-up we be on May 28 and we will be on until June 2.

A serious effort will be put into Topband operation, as well as 80 and
40 meters.
On 160 we will use an Inverted L, on 80 a full size vertical, and on 40
a pair of phased verticals.
We will string some short beverages to USA and EU.
On High bands Cushcraft A3S  Tribanders  and a Cushcraft 3 element
monobander for 10 meters.

Unfortunately one of our operators, Geoff W0CG, has had to drop out due
to work conflicts.

So we need another good CW operator!!

If you are interested please drop me a line or call. we will be meeting
at the airport in Halifax, NS at 1:00PM on May 27 for the final drive to

Dingwall, NS. We will depart June 2.
If you want to have some fun and don't mind working the low bands
through summer QRN, please call me a call!

73
Dan K8RF/CY9RF
(513) 232-2182