Topband

Topband: ewe

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ewe
From: w8car@buckeye-express.com (DAN KOVATCH)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:17:25 -0500
http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/asd/amq.html#sprung4

will take you to the FCC AM database lookup page.

I always check my EWEs (or any listening ant) at night. During the day
they seem to have little F/B but at night I get a real idea of
performance. With sandy soil I use about 1200 ohms and seem to get good
front to back. Remember that EWES and this whole family of ants has good
rejection only at certain wave angles-mainly about 30-60 degrees so F/B
on ground is minamul.

73

good luck to everyone in CQ160 this weekend.
I hope people turn off their e-mail programs and stop writing books and
operate or I'll be very lonely!!!