Topband

Re: Topband: CQ 160 and DXwindow

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ 160 and DXwindow
From: Paul Kelley N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:58:40 -0500

And because I wanted a nice clear frequency where I could hear
them call I wound up running at and above 1855. Sometimes up to 1865. I'm
certain that the US run rates could have been higher lower in the band
(seemed few US stations came up that high and all but a hand full were 1x2
calls....) but had nice runs of 10 point stations up there.

Psst! Shhhh! The activity up there is a well kept secret! ;-) Most NA ops haven't figured out I'm not only making many contest Q's but also working new DXCC entities above 1850 in this contest... less QRM, fewer pileups, plenty of DX.

73,
Paul N1BUG