Topband

Re: Topband: A Big Mess!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: A Big Mess!
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:03:18 -0500
EP Swynar wrote:
...."I think what I'll do this coming season --- about a week, or so,
before setting the Folger's containers out again --- is lightly spray
the capacitors & all of the solder joints with a bit of WD-40. "....

Be careful with that WD40.  I used that stuff to clean some barrel
connectors used in my receiving antennas.  The residual WD40, left in
the connector, floated some black conductive junk out of the connector
and ended up creating a high impedance path across the center to
shield.  Since I had DC control voltages running down this cable as well
as signals, it created a lot of noise when the DC was applied.  I had to
dig up all my barrel connectors and replace them.

Jerry, K4SAV