Topband

Re: Topband: what do I need to buy?

To: Neil Carr G0JHC <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: what do I need to buy?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:14:25 -0600
Neil Carr G0JHC wrote:
> I have recently acquired a Kenwood TS950SDX with a full set of cw filters
> down to 250Hz, the down side of this radio is the one ant socket and no
> ability to switch to a separate rx antenna using the rigs rx ant and
> internal relays. (automatically).
>
> Currently I am switching to my rx ant (an EWE) manually at the end of each
> transmission using a 2 way antenna switch, this method comes with a high
> risk of human error when the operator forgets to switch back and I have to
> nip out side to replace the 9:1 core, or resistor.
>
> Whats out there on the market that would do this switching automatically for
> me with just one ant port on offer from the rig?
>
> What do you guys do in this situation?
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> Neil G0JHC

Neil,

This is very easily solved with the 950SDX. On the back of the radio is a
jumper
between the RX Ant Out and RX Ant In jacks.  Remove the jumper. Plug your EWE
into the RX Ant In jack. You can get fancy and use an antenna switch so you can
choose between receiving on your transmit antenna or on your EWE.

73,
Steve, N2IC