Topband

Re: Topband: Ground Radials and an inv-L antenna

To: w8av <w8av@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground Radials and an inv-L antenna
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:36:26 -0400
Given that he was starting with so few radials, I am suspicous that his
feedline shield was *not* sharply decoupled and by chance was presenting a
low enough impedance as a current sink that the (inferior) radial system was
simply not seen by the circuit overall. If the feedline is decoupled and the
impedance changes sharply, I think he will see your commentary in evidence
directly.

73, Guy.