Topband

Re: Topband: Stew's Beef

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, "Jim F." <j_fitton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew's Beef
From: "Mort" <mort.g2jl@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 23:33:22 -0000
GE & HNY 1

This might be relevant;  read on !

I work one or two in these 5NN shenanigans known as 'Contests',  because I've
found somebody I want to work for other reasons.  I won't bore U with those,
but if U R curious,  www.cat-houses.com might help.

On getting a desperate E-mail form someone who'd called me,  during my annual
6-months' stay on a remote Greek island in the Dodecanese (SV5) I learned
something.  He needed me to make so many countries (bad,  non-PC word;  I
should say 'Entities') in some foul contest he'd been in.  He stood fair to win
his section,  but the adjudicators,  in their wisdom,  deemed the QSO invalid
because I was the only,  sole,  unique reference to "SV5/G2JL" in all the logs,
 THEREFORE,  he was a liar.  This annoyed me so much,  I both E-mailed &
snail-mailed those adjudicators,  but he lost his claim.

So,  the moral of this is: "submit UR logs".

Unfortunately,  though I am literate in English English,  and manual
telegraphy,  I am as a four-month-old brat in computing & still am stuck with
my old DOS logger.  I can't face typing 60+ years' work into a modern program
that takes a day to load in Window$,  but you fellows can export an ADIF log
with ease,  even for one QSO.  Either that,  or don't make contest QSOs.

73 -  Mort,  G2JL