Topband

TopBand: SFI=190 & Good 160M Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: SFI=190 & Good 160M Conditions
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein K0HA)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 01:37:15 -0800
Finally a demonstration that high solar flux doesn't always doom
the top band.  With SFI=190, A=12, K=1 some European signals were
599+ to Nebraska!  3DA0CA and ZS5K were both strong as well.
Just after turning the radio on I heard (but didn't call) OZ8RO
around 0240.  His signal was weak and distorted via propagation;
obviously not arriving via short path (as shown by best Beverage/
RF combiner).  While conditions were much better (and via short
path) after 0500z, 9A2AJ was the furthest east European that I
heard...

73,  Bill     K0HA

.