Topband

Re: Topband: Shunt Fed Tower-Need Parts

To: topband topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt Fed Tower-Need Parts
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:57:37 +1300
  Hi Marc,

I have been using a SteppIR for top loading for nearly 7 years.  There
is no problem with doing this.

I also took the step of grounding all elements to the boom to mazimise
the loading.  For some reason the SteppIR elements are floating when the
antenna leaves the factory.

73, Greg, ZL3IX

On 2010-09-27 07:19, Marc Wullaert ON4MA wrote:
> Ed,
>
> I'm not shure but is it good to have a Steppir as toploading for 160m. What
> about the high voltages
> on the steppir motors and controlbox when you shuntfeed the tower ?
>
> Marc ON4MA

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK