Topband

Re: Topband: Resonating a 160 Meter Vertical

To: philc@texascellnet.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Resonating a 160 Meter Vertical
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:14:58 -0400
  On 10/1/2010 9:55 PM, Phil Clements wrote:
> I have a 160 meter vertical (ground plane) that now resonates on 1530 KHz. I
> want to put a capacitor at the feed point to raise resonance to 1830 KHz.
>
> Do I put the capacitor in series with the vertical radiator, in series with
> the radials, or across the feed point? Is one method any better than the
> others?
>

> (
Phil,  A series capacitor may do it for you....but that will only remove
inductive reactance, what ever it is, equal to the C of the capacitor.
if you can not achieve the VSWR you can live with then you should
consider an L network  to adjust the input impedance upward to 50 ohms.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK