Topband

Re: Topband: Recommended Antennas for 160M/80M Receiving

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Recommended Antennas for 160M/80M Receiving
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 07:52:03 -0800
On Sun,12/21/2014 6:11 AM, Mack McCormick wrote:
I've been carefully following the discussion about the merits of various 8
element arrays and beverages.

I suggest that you study W3LPL's excellent presentation on 160M RX antennas from K3LR's Contest University at Dayton this past spring. The various systems each have their merits, which depend upon their surroundings. I have reversible Beverages using DXE hardware, and my property is not hospitable to arrays of verticals. If my property were different, I'd strongly consider one of the vertical arrays.

73, Jim K9YC