Topband

Re: Topband: Fwd: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week - I'm looking for inpu

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week - I'm looking for input
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 09:29:56 -0700
Many of you folks are too sensitive, especially to legitimate use of remotes. Yes, DX'ing and constesting on a competitive level can be challenging to the pocket book but, contrary to comments one does not have to be a "Rich" to compete in awards or competitions.

Tom W8JI, made the most logical response.

"I think the mob got all worked up because they didn't think about the actual
rules, they just dislike RHR (and not the dozens of free uncontrolled
remotes all over the place). For years they have been competing against
people who use other people's stations, move around, or have a remote. Now,
out of the clear blue sky, DXCC is suddenly useless when the actual changes
than made it useless were made over 30 years ago."

"I think the real solution is a DXCC endorsement or a new DXCC that requires
the holder to swear he did it all transmitting and receiving from one
location all by himself with gear he assembled."

One station, one control point.

73 W7RH

--
W7RH DM35OS

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former.
Albert Einstein