Topband

Re: Topband: Made it! 80 Years a Ham

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Made it! 80 Years a Ham
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 12:05:12 -0500
Paul,

You are a hero. What a wonderful
experience Ham Radio has been for you.

My father, Earl, passed in 2014 but was
active on the air to the last. He was
first licensed in 37 as W8QXF, then to
Hawaii during WWII & became KH6RD for two
years after the war. Back in PA and after
the districts changed he became W3QXF.
With a move to CT in 62 he became W1BML.
He too was highly involved in the greatest
parts of Ham Radio, perhaps you had met,
you would have both enjoyed that.

Thank you for sharing your story and thank
you for your service.

73,

Gary
KA1J