Topband

Re: Topband: 3” Air Dux Coil Stock

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 3” Air Dux Coil Stock
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2024 12:35:40 -0600
Or Aluminum.  I think both are about the same price.

W0MU

On 8/17/2024 9:35 AM, VE6WZ_Steve wrote:
Buy some copper tubing and roll your own.

Steve, ve6wz.

On Aug 17, 2024, at 9:18 AM, Bill Eisinger <Bill@theeisingers.com> wrote:

I’m working on an opportunity to purchase some Air Dux 2404TL coil stock for an antenna matching
project I’m working on. 2404 is the 3” diameter , #10, 4 tpi coil that is used in a variety
of matching applications including K2AV’s FCP design for an 80m match.

As far as I can tell, there is no current (or recent for that matter) retail source for
this particular coil stock. Nebraska Surplus Sales, RF Parts, etc have some Air Dux in
their inventory but none of this size. I’m  looking at purchasing directly from
Barker & Williamson but because they are a wholesale supplier the minimum purchase
will be 10 units.

I will know the definitive price sometime next week but I thought I’d toss this out to see if there is enough interest in
the group that I can take a flyer and buy 10 sections  of the coil stock…each section is 10” long and based on the
last retail price I’m aware from a few years ago, I’m pretty sure they will be somewhere north of $100 per
section…I’ll know how far north in a few days.

Respond back to me directly if you have any interest in obtaining a section of
the coil stock and once I know the actual price we can move forward with
getting some if there is enough interest.

73’s,
Bill, AA7X

bill@theeisingers.com

Sent from my iPad