Topband

Topband: LOTW Participation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: LOTW Participation
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:27:34 +0000 (UTC)

This has probably already been asked on here.. geeze I hope it doesnt start
another gripefest.  But I am wondering with the cost of QSL cards, postage etc
Why dont more people working DX (especially hams O-CONUS) use LOTW? It appears
that a lot of DX does not participate in LOTW.  Is it because they dont like
ARRL, dont like their activites controlled (if your not in the US you gotta
mail stuff in etc.) or what?   I just dont understand this is the most painless
method to get confirmation you could possibly have. Or maybe they just like
collecting all those cards that we put into shoe boxes and put into the closet.

I just got  22 QSLs for contacts work less than two months ago.. some of them
even less than a week ago.  How good can it get?  Sure make my work easier

Jim WA3MEJ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK