Topband

Re: Topband: Anti-Corona Paint

To: Top Band List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Anti-Corona Paint
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 21:38:24 -0800
I've used Glyptal for insulating varnish many times and works well.
I has great anti corrosion properties and can be used for a coating that is
resistant to acid and alkali too.
It can be used for a thread sealer also but it isn't very effective.  Loctite
is much better as a thread sealer.
Glyptal is sort of a jack of all trades type of formulation.
Now whether it has better insulation properties than the GC corona dope I do
not know.
I suspect that the GC Corona Dope is superior as it is formulated specifically
for high voltage insulation.

Heres some info:

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/glyptal.html

Bob
K6UJ

On Dec 24, 2011, at 9:02 AM, ZR wrote:

> Glyptol is like Loctite.
>
> Anti corona dope is something entirely different.
>
> Carl
> KM1H
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob K6UJ" <k6uj@pacbell.net>

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK