Topband

Re: Topband: TV coax + F-connectors

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: TV coax + F-connectors
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 11:36:52 -0600
Greetings.

I do not know if they still do use them.

But the MAJOR Amateur AND PROFESSIONAL antenna maker M Squared uses "F" connectors in their antennas ALL the time.

They even use a variation that is weatherproof.
They use them from below 1 meg antennas up to antennas in the Gig ranges. Mainly at the feedpoint to connect the phasing line in the 4 to 1 balun feed design.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET

On 2/20/2022 9:46 AM, Radio KH6O wrote:
Colleagues,

I was very happy to see the discussion regarding the use of television
feedline and F-connectors. I thought I was the only ham in the
universe using that combination. While it's true that the connectors
are not weather-resistance, a coating of black asphalt sealant* takes
care of that.

Reading the comments about possible lack of uniform impedance and
other short-comings, I remind myself that I'm an amateur, not a
professional. A few milliwatts loss doesn't concern me.

* For
example:https://www.lowes.com/pd/Henry-Company-Asphalt-Emulsion-1-Gallon-Waterproofer-Roof-Sealant/50255565

73, Jeff KH6O
Searchable Archives:http://www.contesting.com/_topband  - Topband Reflector