Topband

Re: Topband: 160 inverted L radials question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 inverted L radials question
From: Dennis W0JX via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 17:41:25 +0000 (UTC)
One way to use the current radial field would be to erect a 30 foot piece of
freestanding  aluminum tube right in the center of the radial field and connect
a wire to the top of the short vertical for the remaining length. The wire will
have to slant away from the radial field but a substantial part of the antenna
, carrying significant current, will be vertical.

This is the approach I use on my 80 meter elevated ground plane. The first 23
feet is aluminum tubing and the remaining 44 feet slants toward limb on a very
tall 85 foot dead ash tree. It works very well.

73, Dennis W0JX