Topband

Re: Topband: Top Band Receiving Antennas

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band Receiving Antennas
From: Robert McGwier <rwmcgwier@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:34:16 -0600
Joel and I have the contruction article from QEX online.

http://www.w5zn.org/160%20Meters.html

<http://www.w5zn.org/160%20Meters.html>for our version of the W8JI 8 circle.
 There are modifications we are undertaking now and we'll post a note here
when these revisions are included.  These include what to us is an improved
feed, making it easier to match, greater impedance stability, and other
benefits due to operating at a higher impedance.

Bob

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Chortek, Robert L <
Robert.Chortek@berliner.com> wrote:

> John Harden, D.M.D. wrote:
> The best, and most cost effective, receiving antennas out there are the
> Hi-Z Antennas triangle, 4-square and 8-circle arrays. I have the
> triangle array and it works fantastic. I has 6 electrically switched
> directions and a great F/B ratio. It is essentially equivalent to having
> six 500 foot beverages when looking at the Receive Direction Factor
> (RDF).
>
> I agree with John.  I also have the triangular array and, at 40' per
> side, it fits in my small backyard. It is an excellent performer and I
> HIGHLY recommend the system.  I've tried the DXE phased verticals, EWEs,
> K9AY loops, and a host of others. The triangular array is the best by a
> wide margin, and K7TJR's customer service is nothing short of amazing.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob/AA6VB

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK