Topband

Re: Topband: Two Wire Beverage Query...

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Two Wire Beverage Query...
From: "Chuck Hutton" <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:51:15 -0700
We'd have to define "doesn't work well". The pattern will be basically the
same, but the signal level will be down a bit due to the higher conductivity
under the antenna.

My favorite Beverage antenna sites are all on the coast and the antennas go
all the way to the beach. I know that's not an island, but I've never had
any complaints about signal level. In fact, those sites have produced the
best MW DX imaginable.

Chuck