Topband

Topband: Beverage field switching

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage field switching
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 17:19:05 -0600
I have received a number of email questions asking how I switch my Beverage
wires in the field.

Here is a video that shows the design of my cascaded 2 relay high isolation 4
relay switch box, as well as my latest design that uses 1:1 binocular core
"braid breaker” transformers to replace my large type 31 toroids on the RG-6
lines.  This is much more economical and easier to set up in the field.

I show how my switch boxes are deployed in the field and share some ideas about
laying out the RG-6 feed lines on the forest floor.

Video link here: https://youtu.be/Ei7q1Hy6FDk <https://youtu.be/Ei7q1Hy6FDk>

73, de steve ve6wz