Topband

Topband: Best Receive Antenna over Sloping Terrain?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Best Receive Antenna over Sloping Terrain?
From: Ed via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 11:57:27 +0300
Greetings from Saudi Arabia!  I think a lot about my home QTH in California and
how I want to make the most of my antenna potential.

I have an area that I would like to devote to receiving antennas, that's about
150' square feet. Thought about the DXE Active 4 Sq array but they say
installing this on Sloping terrain will degrade its performance. In my case,
the slope is about 30-35 degrees, so I'm sure that limits me.

The transmitting antenna area is about 300-400 feet away, which provides
adequate isolation from where I want to install a receiving antenna. Trying to
figure out what is most suitable.  In addition to 160m, I am also interested in
BCB DXing and some the demonstrations viewed on YouTube are quite impressive!

Would really appreciate some input. I can always provide my home address, where
the two antenna areas can be seen on Google Maps.

73,
Ed NI6S/7Z1ES