Topband

Topband: Power line networking RFI

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Power line networking RFI
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 12:24:57 -0600
Has anyone heard of RFI from computer LANs that use the house wiring in
lieu of either CAT5 cable or 2.4 GHz WiFi? It sounds to me like BPL
(Broadband over Power Lines) on a smaller scale. It also sounds like
trouble, especially if you have a close neighbor with one of these pieces
of junk.

>From www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=100375.0 :

"Also I could not use Hamradio when I had the Powerline adapters plugged
in. It gave me much interference on many different ham HF frequencies."

Just what we need, yet another source of broadband RFI to keep us from
hearing DX on 160. :-(

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com