Topband

Re: Topband: PE coated RG6

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: PE coated RG6
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 17:08:56 -0600
I bought some of these from this seller and this eBay listing number, and
they arrived today. Just thought I'd mention that there are no O-ring seals.

I didn't try them yet; I have to figure out the best way to prepare the
coax. Any suggestions?

I'm using Commscope flooded quad-shield RG-6 (F-6) with poly foil and
bonded inner shield.
Jacket/flooded-braid/foil/braid/bonded-foil/dielectric/CCS.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Jim F. <j_fitton@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I bought a new roll of flooded quad shield RG-6  and packages of
> connectors from 5 sources because they are cheap until I found a package
> that worked.
>
> Here is the one that worked great.   Note: this is for Quad Shield and
> Flooded (with Poly.).  If you have Double shield it may not work.
>
> Seller: fourpairteledata ( 44493  )
>
> 10 Pack Lot - F-Type Compression Connector Male Plug RG6 Quad Shield Coax
> Cable ( 120796092561 )

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever
for supposing it is true. - Bertrand Russell