Topband

Re: Topband: Fence charger

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fence charger
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:48:00 -0600

> ... a nice RFI quiet fence charger ...

That might be an oxymoron. ;-)

Mine was supposed to be quiet, but it wasn't. What eliminated the clicks in
my radio was a few FB-73-801 ferrite beads. Two or three at the charger and
some further out on the fence should do it.

Some have a weed burner feature. If you don't need that, it may be quieter.
Having said that, I had a neighbor with one of those powering a horse
fence; and the only time I heard any noise from it was when they let the
weeds touch the fence. And that fence was not far from my Beverages. IIRC,
I added some of those 73 material beads right at the charger.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com