Topband

Re: Topband: Loop query

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Loop query
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 17:31:22 -0500
The answer depends on a few things.

1. How high this this loop going to be?

2. Is it going to be parallel with the earth (horizontal) or vertical?

3. Do you want to work just the surrounding states, all of North America,
DX, or all of the above?

A horizontal loop on 160m is an NVIS antenna, and will not be as effective
for DX as an Inverted-L. Check out this page:
www.w0btu.com/160_meters.html

I'll let others take over, I have things going on here right now.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com