Topband

Re: Topband: DX WINDOW

To: Saulius Zalnerauskas <ly5w.sam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX WINDOW
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 12:26:42 -0700
All,

I agree that there should be a real 160M DX Window. At least we might hear
some DX outside of NA/SA. My main reason I operate 160m is to work DX - its
very challenging from the West Coast and requires good antennas and
operating skills.

And, I do realize that the the "ARRL 160M Contest" does not have the work
"DX" in it, so like the ARRL 10m contest, we work anyone we hear. However,
10m is a large band with plenty of room to spread out. Perhaps the same can
be said about 160m, but then you need and antenna that will cover 100 KHZ
or more.

Living in NA, this contest is turning into "another" domestic contest. I
feel have enough of them?

BTW, I do operate the other 160m DX contests, but expeditions like the 5T0
and 7P8 are not around very often.

My 2 cents!

Ray,
N6VR