Topband

Re: Topband: Caribbean Operations On 160m?

To: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Caribbean Operations On 160m?
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2024 17:41:32 -0700
George,

I am patiently waiting for a 160m FT8 QSO. This morning, I was up at 2:30
am local and saw that N5J had called two CQ on 1.836 at 0900z with no
replies. I got there 30 minutes too late!

I know it's not productive to sit on 1.836 calling CQ all night and get
only a few resposes. So, I'd like to ask if you could give us a time
between, say, 0600z and 1300z, 11pm -6am West Coast time, so that we could
look for N5J on FT8?
Another option would be to say you will call CQ on 1.836 on the hour, or
half hour.

I'll be 80 yo in a few months and getting up at odd dark hours is getting
hard on the body...

Thanks for understanding and for the other band QSOs.

Ray,
Arizona,
N6VR - CW
*W7YA - FT8*