Topband

Re: Topband: ARRL 160m contest and DX Window?

To: topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160m contest and DX Window?
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 12:38:21 -0500
As to the ARRL 160 being "sweepstakes for 160", I personally find I net
more USA/Canada QSO's in ARRL 160 than I ever do during sweepstakes. I'm
sure many DX don't see the point, but there's no denying it is a very
popular ARRL contest that stirs up a lot of 160M activity.

I was impressed with very good behavior on the "gentleman's band" in CQWWCW
on 160M. I had come from the other bands where bedlam and incessant calling
was very common and it's like night and day.

Tim N3QE