Topband

Re: Topband: BOG pre amp info ?

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: BOG pre amp info ?
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 08:09:13 -0500
HI Roger,

You said "However, the circuit seems odd . . . I used transformers in and
out on my Loop Preamp, to give a match to 50 ohms."

I believe your above statement was in reference to the W7IUV preamp.  I've
measured the W7IUV preamp input and output impedances and also modeled the
W7IUV preamp using LTspice, and both methods yield input and output
impedances of close to 50 ohms.  Therefore no additional components (such
as matching transformers) are required for impedance matching purposes on
the W7IUV preamp.

Just FYI,
Don (wd8dsb)