Topband

Topband: One acre arrays

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: One acre arrays
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:11:23 -0700
   While there is no doubt putting up 2 or 3 elements would
 improve your station capabilities on 160 but It makes me
 wonder.
   You have not mentioned the use of any receiving
antennas at your station so I would like to point out that
your use of the acre sized parcel might produce better DX
 results by using this ground for a really good RX array.
      It is my experience here on the West  coast which QRZ
 says is your location, that I improved my station a lot more
 with RX antennas than by improving my TX antenna over a
 single 90 foot stick with 60+ radials. A triangle array
receiving wise only produces a moderate increase in
receiving ability over a single TX antenna. You might be the
 loudest thing around but you still have to hear them to work
 them. Here are some RX antenna comparisons.
 http://www.k7tjr.com/rx1comparison.htm

my 2 cents worth YMMV
Lee  K7TJR  OR