Topband

Topband: Extending the Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Extending the Beverage
From: k4kyv@hotmail.com (Donald Chester)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:11:41 +0000
At present my Beverage is 390' long, 10' high and terminated at the
N-Northeast end.  It does a pretty fair job at rejecting noise from certain
local sources and comfortably pulling in signals that may be marginal on
other antennas, but I don't notice a tremendous directional characteristic.
Signals off the S-Southwest end are down a few dB's, and most noticeably,
signals broadside to the wire are often down into the background noise.

As soon as the crops are harvested this fall, I am going to extend it to a
total length of a little over 600' in the same direction.  Any seasoned
Beverage users out there who might have an idea what difference in
performance I can expect, if any?

Don K4KYV