Topband

Re: Topband: 80m vertical

To: "Carl" <aa4h@charter.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 80m vertical
From: "Dave Sharred" <g3nkc@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:25:49 +0100
Hi Carl

I don't know the vertical that you are referring to; but of course the first
point is that the base should be isolated from ground. You may have this
feature already.

If the antenna is too short; you will need to add a small base loaded coil
in series. I think you will end up doing this by trial and error.

You should make sure you have a reasonable earth under the antenna first - I
might run out a minimum of 8 quarter wave radials as a start.

BTW - I have used the 18 M  spiderpoles we get it EU - telescopic.  Since we
fix the wire to the pole, we put the surplus wire on  as a helix towards the
base. Easy to adjust !

73

Dave
G3NKC