Topband

Re: Topband: Path FT5XO

To: "RMarch" <n7ua@ix.netcom.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Path FT5XO
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:09:22 -0800
With far less sophisticated antennas and location, I nonetheless agree with
Bob's observation, below.

I arrived with the party already in full swing. First posting appears to
have been at 1321 from W7IUV but I sauntered by at 1340Z. I listened NW. Not
even having heard a dit from FT5XO since day one, it was shocking to hear a
major pileup of west coast and JA calling a Q5 quarry 11,600 mi away. I
heard Tree's QSO right away and scored cleanly myself at 1353. After my SR
at 1400, I had equal copy NW and SW, moving to SW after SR and lasting until
almost 1425.

At first I feared the JA's would run away with the opening, but the west
coast SR bump apparently made us competitive.

An amazing morning--like a shimmering waterhole in the Namib Desert.

Garry, NI6T