Topband

Re: Topband: 160 to NA

To: "LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad" <la5he@otterstad.dk>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 to NA
From: Charles Bibb <zedkay@telepak.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:46:06 -0600
At 07:50 AM 1/24/2009, LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad wrote:
>I slept late this morning so worked just a few stns.
>
>Cannot help thinking, that if more stations would listen more carefully
>instead of CQ-ing endlessly, there would be more DX-qsos !

You are so right, Rag.  The situation is a real pain on this end, too.

This contest could be transformed from a merely "good" topband
contest into an "excellent" topband DX contest by making the rules
identical to its "big brothers", the CQ WW's.  That is QSO's between
stations in the same country count ONLY for multiplier credit and NOT
for QSO points.  If you want to work stateside-to-stateside on 160,
the ARRL 160M contest is the place to do that.

The volume of key clicks last night was unbelievable from all the
mindless "CQ TEST" robots in the US.

What a terrible waste of spectrum space when DX conditions were so good.

Charles - K5ZK