Topband

Topband: Radiant Barrier

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Radiant Barrier
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 15:19:23 EDT
I saw a pretty convincing demo of how a radiant barrier can cut summer A/C
costs, and I've committed to having the work done.

The radiant barrier consists of a heavy latex coating that is infused with
aluminum particles. Since part of my 160M Vertical (about 15' of it) is inside
my attic, I am wondering what the effect of the barrier will be.  Will it
act as an RF shield, or will it be porous enough to allow RF to pass  through
it?

Has anyone dealt with this stuff?

Paul, K5AF