Topband

Re: Topband: Outstanding condx

To: daraymond@iowatelecom.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Outstanding condx
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 06:14:34 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/07 2:55:36 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
daraymond@iowatelecom.net writes:

Faithful  Topbanders in much of the U.S. experienced outstanding conditions
to Europe  Wednesday evening (NA time).  It was the best opening I've seen
from  here in Iowa in two or three years.  There were many true S9  signals
from Europe.  There was also some of the deepest QSB (from  S9+5 to gone. .
.below the S1-2 noise floor) I've experienced on some but  not all signals.
It was good to see several Western US and West Coast  stations making EU Qs.
18 EU Qs went into the log here including several  first time call signs.

73. . Dave
W0FLS

Echoing Dave, best EU cndx I have ever experienced here, in central  Arizona!
That's a difficult path for us in the southwest. A dozen EU stations  went in
my log that night, and yes, some calls I had never heard before.  QSB also
very deep here. Some stations could go from true S9 and then into the  noise in
a matter of seconds. That's always makes things tough, but the sheer  strength
of most signals made up for it.

GL to all this Topband season!

73, Bob  K8IA
Arizona USA