Topband

Re: Topband: KH1/KH7Z TopBand Ops Brief

To: uy0zg <uy0zg@mksat.net>, Peter Voelpel <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: Topband: KH1/KH7Z TopBand Ops Brief
From: Dave Sharred via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:12:15 +0100

I have no axe to grind, I wasn't QRV. Hever,  Nick does raise a good point.
First, if it is correct there is a small possibility of propagain around Sunset
for Serbia and Ukraine, 20 minute window to Baker Is.   However, it's not
really the dx season for EU to Pacific.
With great respect the Baker Is. Topband system was compromised,  a 43ft fat
vertical,  so an EU QSO must be optimistic at best.
If the EU guys had fantastic antennas, they may just be able to make the trip,
with lots more power potentially too.   To me, if you are using a favourable
located remote RX,  not in EU, that would not be a good QSO in my ethics.
Further, since these things are available, it's not in my ethics to use remote
tx/rx outside of your home country, to claim dx contacts.
Lastly, from the dx end, it's impossible to tell if the QSO is remote assisted
or not, however, if it's outside of a real opening time, if I was the dx, I
would delete the qso from my log as dubious
73 Dave G3NKC  (op at MD4K, PZ5K and others)

Sent from Samsung tablet