Topband

Re: Topband: big antenna site

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: big antenna site
From: John K4WJ <k4wj@att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 09:10:18 -0400
I believe you saw the antenna farm of Paul, the owner of DX Engineering. My niece used to live a few houses west of those antennas.

I can't remember Pual's call.

73..de John/K4WJ

On 5/16/2019 8:29 AM, Carl Luetzelschwab wrote:
I was in the Cleveland area several weeks ago, and saw some big towers with
lots of what looks like Yagis.

This site is at 41.2312991 latitude and -81.58989168 longitude for those
who want to look at it with Google Earth. It is about 2 miles east of the
junction of I-77 and I-271, and about 17.5 miles southeast of Cleveland
Hopkins airport.

One of the arrays appears to be five towers with no antennas - four of the
towers are in a square and the fifth tower is in the center. Could this be
a low band electronically-steerable array?

Does anyone know if this is a ham installation? Or a commercial
installation? Or something else?

Carl K9LA