Topband

Re: Topband: 160 in daylight

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 in daylight
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 13:31:24 -0400
Hi Peter,

The 'why not' only applies to the hams who don't want to chat with their 'neighbors' or anybody on the same continent. propagation does play into it and if you are a "DX only" ham 160 is much better at the greyline or at night. There is nothing wrong with being a DX only ham. But for the rest of us 160 is available all the time. The old saw about time and place gets "and band" added to it. It's just a matter of your intent.

73,

Bill  KU8H

PS..my best antennas for 160 and 80 will never be better than a poor compromise. That is still much better than no antenna or radio at all.

On 05/13/2017 10:54 AM, Peter Voelpel wrote:
Sure it does, why not?

73
Peter