Topband

Re: Topband: DX window

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 20:01:21 +0000
From: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012   Time: 12:54:35

Without working together, we need the Government to make rules and impose penalties.

Tom

I'm not sure that Government intervention is a very good idea (it certainly wouldn't be in this country!), but you hit the nail fair and square on the head when you talk about penalties.

The contest rule makers should get real tough about stations who persistently work in the "wrong" part of the bands during contests. In CW contests we've all heard CW signals stomping all over the phone end of the band. In phone contests we've all heard phone stations all over the bottom part of the band. In RTTY contests ... well, we all know what happens there.

"Three verifiable complaints and you're out" should be the rule. With SDR receivers available these days, that shouldn't be too difficult to police.

Ian, G3NRW