Topband

Re: Topband: N5J

To: "Wes Stewart" <n7ws@yahoo.com>, "Wes Stewart via Topband" <topband@contesting.com>, "Wilson Lamb" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: N5J
From: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 21:27:59 -0400
Maybe a bit tonight.
George

On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 20:46:46 +0000 (UTC) Wes Stewart via Topband  wrote:
You popped up on 12 and 40 SSB and I missed you.  Any chance for another
opportunity before you QRT?
Wes  N7WS

  On Monday, August 19, 2024 at 12:13:41 PM MST, GEORGE WALLNER
<aa7jv@atlanticbb.net> wrote:  N5J was on 160 from 0450 to 0530 last night with reduced
power. We reduced power due to issues with the 160 m antenna, which we have shortened to reduce
danger to birds. Birds have entered a very active season on the island and we try to minimize out
impact. Tonight (Aug 20) we will be back on 160 with full power at 0500 - 0600 and then later at
0800 Z. Note that this will be our last night on the air.
GL and 73,

George,
N5J

On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 11:32:31 -0700 Wilson Lamb via Topband  wrote:

I tried the sched they posted...not a peep.Yesterday there were quite a few QSO
around 1000Z.I tried that today and not a peep.Nor did I hear anyone
calling.There was one spot, from Spain, but I don't think it was meant as a QSO
report.Has their plan changed?Is the band as bad as it seems?  I haven't been
on 160 for a couple of years...used to work EU, VK, ZL with no trouble.RBN
shows my KW getting to New England and the Midwest only.Is something wrong
here?I have five bands and hoped to add 160, but can't do a lot of the late
stuff.WilsonW4BOH_________________Searchable Archives:
http://www.contesting.com/_topband- Topband Reflector