Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ vs Original HyGain

To: "'Larry & Karen'" <k0is@iowatelecom.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ vs Original HyGain
From: "Kirk" <kirk.harding@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:16:29 -0600
I purchased the HyGain HyTower and have had it in use for a couple of years.
This is the third HyTower I've owned over the years.  The others I sold when
moving across the US. All in all, I think the MFJ version is better than the
original.  As an example, the base plate is stainless steel.  The original
was not.  Same with the other fittings (nuts, screws, bolts and other
hardware).  Also, it does a pretty good job on the air.  Of course I prefer
my 4el SteppIR for the higher bands.  It's a pain to set up the radials but
of course as a vertical it's necessary.  I'm not here to argue but in my
opinion they, (MFJ), do a great job in manufacturing this antenna.

Regards,

Kirk, K6KAR
Niceville, FL